Mr. Thompson has been representing a broad range of clients in patent litigation for over twenty years. After beginning his career in large law firms gaining experience in both district court litigation and patent prosecution in the US Patent and Trademark Office, Mr. Thompson transitioned to boutique litigation practices where he was a key contributor to small, nimble teams gaining a wealth of experience in patent and other technology-related lawsuits concerning electrical devices, mechanical devices, computer software, and telecommunications systems. Mr. Thompson's background in physics and his working understanding of computer languages frequently at issue in patent litigation allow him to assimilate the technical nuances of each matter he takes on quickly. Mr. Thompson also advises clients in general intellectual property protection, intellectual property risk management, technology transactions, and online privacy regulation.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas